Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A bit confusing I must admit

As I was reading Revelation this morning, I noticed that John in his communication has a difference between plagues and woes.
8:13 "Woe, woe woe to the inhabitants of the earth at the blasts of the other trumpets that the three angels are about to blow!"
9:12"The first woe has passed. There are still more to come"
In 9:13-21, John describes plagues that inflict the faithless. He calls out three of them, but when I read I can't count three in those verses. I get two.
So, John is not fully clear or the translators are not clear. So, what is what. My desire to understand John is not to get a road map to end times. It is necessary for me to come to grips with what John is saying, so I can understand what he is communicating. Through this understanding, I can deepen my spirituality. I come through this study with my head, because I feel my heart is so far away from the heart and experience of John.
It is difficult and mistakes are made, but I continue to understand the heart and mind of John more. In doing so, I get a glimpse of an expression of our savior. This glimpse illuminates the dark corners of my soul.
That is why I study the scriptures.

joy,
RevGuid

No comments: