Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Doing good things

I recall as I finished up the week heading into the NYC marathon. I had eaten well. Drank a gallon of water each day, cut out the Diet Coke. Sweet Potatoes for meals, whole wheat pasta. I felt great. I had done my runs and I felt good. I wondered, "Why don't I do this all time?"

I think it is ease factor. It takes a little time to get all that good stuff. The bad stuff is easier at hand in my house. My wife and son are not with me on eating the good stuff. They have not adapted the mantra, "Food is Fuel." Eat to fuel the body, only.

Two weeks ago, I ran 12 miles and felt great. However, I forget that feeling many times and am not motivated to get up and run in the morning.

I see parallels in the body and the spiritual life. I feel better when I pray. I feel better when I read scripture. I feel better when I reach out. However, I forget how good that feels when I do those things.

May I get a better memory and better motivation to tend to my spirit and body.

joy,
guido

No comments: