Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Moving homes

Amy and I bought a house through a foreclosure auction this year.  It began in January and has brought us to this moment.  There has been a great amount of anxiety and worry through this process.  Anything to do with money is a worry today it seems.

 While reading the Psalms, I was reminded that perhaps this house is a blessing.  God giving me a great gift.  I don't look at life that way too much, ask my friends, they know my temperment.  I am cautious, because in my personal life has been strewn with failures.  At least those failures are etched into my memory deeper than the acheivements.  Through all this God keeps pushing me and telling me of the good in this world and the good in me.  Too often I won't listen to that.  I pray God never tires of me.

A new house, perhaps I need to trust God in the midst of this horrorific economic storm. 

"God make this house a tool for your doing good in the world and while you are at it, me too."

No comments: