Wednesday, March 18, 2009

In

We are in the house now.

That is great, but there are moments like today where I get extremely frustrated.  The crux of the issue is that I took about five hours this week to clean up the old house.  I worked a couple of hours on Monday.  Tuesday Amy and I went over about an hour into the work we were interrupted by the electrician to fix a circuit in our new home.  Then today to finish the job, I spent a couple hours doing it.

Today was the day when I wanted my instant gratification.  I wanted the rest of the family to chip in.  It was a day to grow a resentment.  I brought the last junk to our new house and told Amy, "I am just done.  I am done doing house stuff for the rest of the week.  I need to work and Saturday night we are going to Brewbakers." (Brewbakers my favorite restaurant.)

My expectations were not realistic.  We had spent the last four weeks of our lives there without having a weekend clean up.  So the house was filthy.  The floors dirty.  The backyard needed me to get the boys stuff out.  The garage had not been cleaned in months. Amy and the boys are not useful.  It is my mess, so I feel I am obligated to clean it up.  So, I do it and when it does not happen instantaneously...I get resentful.

Solution...do the right thing.  Focus on work this week and that will stop resentment. Right actions make right thinking they say in 12 step.  So, I am back to work.

No comments: