Saturday, September 27, 2008

Positive day at Franklin Covey seminar

This last spring and summer, I felt that my schedule was getting out of control and that I had lost focus on what I was supposed to be doing.  So in August, I decided that I would attend a Franklin Covey event in Fresno on time management.

I was ponying up some dollars for an event that I had listened to the CD last summer.  However, I had just come to the conclusion that I needed time not driving but really concentrating and reflecting on how I schedule my days and weeks.

Overall, the seminar was really incredible.  The workshop presenter was really engaging and effective.  I gained some insights that somewhere I had lost.  I messed with my schedule and really gained some insights.  I knew them, but had not really found a way to apply them.

For me it took a moment of me admitting that I had a problem.  Then seeking help.  I think in about year I might need to do it again, maybe 18 months.  Then in two years.  That reminder of how to organize life when I let it go.  In the end, a couple of hundred bucks for a seminar that provides more focus during the week makes me more productive for the congregation and is beneficial for my life.  It is worth it.  So, today I have my planner out and am focusing on next week.

No comments: