Thursday, August 23, 2007

Witnessing grace






Last night, I got a picture mail on my phone. I have a new phone number, so I have been getting odd calls. I looked at the number and realized that I did not know anybody who would send me a picture mail. I left the picture unopened. Amy and I just went back to working on the household budget.




A little while later, I get a phone call from a girl or young woman who asks if I got the picture and she realizes that she does not know me.


"Did you get the picture?"
"Yes, but I did not open it."


"Will you please delete it?"
"Sure."


"Please delete it, oh my God it is embarrassing."




I hung up the phone and went back to the budget. Upon finishing, I pondered opening up the picture to see what it was. My curiousity had really gotten to me. What is so bad? Then I decided that I needed to do thing of grace. If I made a mistake in my life, would I want a do over?


So, I deleted the picture.




I think that was the graceful thing to do. Opening it...there may have been something that would have disturbed my well being. So, I just deleted it and that was grace. I pondered sending a text back to her...defining this as a grace filled moment. Felt a little too creepy. A phone call, a little too intrusive. So, I let my actions be the last words...I don't know if that was the right thing to do or not, but it is all I had.




Fearless Joy,
Guido

1 comment:

kwpershey said...

I think it's wonderful when people do the right thing, especially when that girl would never know if you had or not.

You're a good guy. :-)