Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Faith


I like this image, because it is a good reminder of faith. I begin this ministry with faith. I am not saying that I am vast resevoir of faith. I sometimes have moments when I have deep fear. Financial fear. Fear of my own limitations. Fear that I will not adapt and be able to reach the people that God needs to be reached. All those at times, cause me to pause.
But, faith overcomes those fears. I move with fear and trembling up the wall. I trust that I have put on my harness right. I trust that I have connected the rope to me well properly. I trust the one who holds the other side of the rope will be capable of holding me as I move up the wall.
Faith. As I think about the core value of this new community. It is faith. It is faith for me to come. But, the first step of faith was their's. They were the one's who had the faith to start. They were the one's who have faith to see gifts in me that will be useful. They are one's of tremendous faith.
So, I am in the harness. I call out "Belay On"...I hear the call out, "On Belay."
I am stepping to the wall and searching for my first hand hold and foothold.
"On Climb" and the voice that calls us has yelled, "Climb On"
I am going to step off the ground this weekend and put my faith in the rope and the belayer who holds me.
Fearless Joy,
Guido

(Photo by David Eppstein)

No comments: